Why Use a Travel Agent to Book My Honeymoon
Congratulations, you’re getting married! You will spend many hours putting together your wedding of a lifetime, from the dress and flowers to the reception and the music for your first dance together. Once the ceremony is over, it’s off to the honeymoon.
It might sound easy to just get online and book your honeymoon all by yourself, but here are five reasons why you should use a travel agent to book it for you:
- You have enough to do: A wedding is a momentous occasion with a lot of details, so leaving the honeymoon to an experienced travel expert takes some stress off of you. The travel agent will make sure your flights, hotel, excursions and dining plans are all taken care of.
- It’s a money saver: The average cost of a wedding is $26,645 although many couples spend less than $10,000. The average cost of a honeymoon is $5,000. Add the two together and this once-in-a-lifetime event can become very costly. Travel agents can help you to save money and get discounts on last minute packages and reservations.
- An agent knows: A travel agent knows how to figure out the perfect location for your honeymoon, where to book at what time of the year and where the discounts are. Want to travel to an adults-only all-inclusive resort in June? Or how about a ski chalet in the French Alps? Where is the most romantic honeymoon destination in Italy? They can answer all of these questions and more. They have first-hand experience on a lot of the destinations and accommodations they are suggesting that you visit.
- You have someone to turn to: Lost your passport? Need a flight change while you’re on a remote island? Your travel agent can help fix all the little details while you sit back and enjoy your trip. Isn’t that what your honeymoon is supposed to be all about?
- They know the industry: Agents who are Certified Travel Counselors have completed a course and have been in business for a long time. That business experience is very valuable when dealing with paperwork and any travel negotiations.
So find a travel agent you can trust and who has the experience that you’re looking for. Then all you have to worry about is saying ‘I do.”